As we travel down this road of adoption towards our beautiful daughter, we firmly believe that we can do nothing without the strength and power of our Almighty God.
In Philippians 4:6-7 we are reminded, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
We are so blessed that you, our family and friends, are there to walk along side of us on this exciting journey! Having gone through this journey before it does have it's ups and downs. Your support, encouragement, and especially your prayers are invaluable to us!
Listed are some specific prayer requests that are on our hearts:
- That our paperwork would be completed by the end of Sept., 2006. We would then have completed our paper pregnancy!
- That in God's grace all necessary finances would be provided.
- That I (mom) would be able to still enjoy all that is going on with the rest of our family and friends and still keep focused on paperwork.
Prayers for Katherine:
- That her nanny or foster family is providing her with the loving care and attention she needs until she is in the loving arms of our family!
- That her birth parents may someday know the love, joy, and peace of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- That her birth family will know that she already has a very special place in our hearts and in our family and that she will always be loved and cared for.
- That God will begin to prepare her heart for her new family so that she will feel, safe, secure, and loved when she is finally with us!
- That when we receive the referral of a little girl we will know, beyond the shadow of a doubt that she is the precious daughter God intended for our family.
Thank you Father, for hearing and answering our prayer!
In Jesus Name,
Denise, Jeff, Ashley, DAvid, Deborah, and GracieJoy
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after the
orphans and widows in their time of distress..." James 1:27